Thorncrest Village ~ The Early Days

Life in the Village – Our Home (Part Six)

Sister Barbara…Barb was the “baby” of the family until I came along. I’m not sure how she felt about that. (I’ll have to ask her) Barb is 7 years older than me, so we did spend some time together. One of my memories of that early time, was her boyfriend. He was from a very wealthy family, and had a lot of memorable “toys”! The one I remember most was his “PINKFord Thunderbird Convertible. He would pull into our driver and Barb would rush out t greet him!

It wasn’t until I was a teenager, that I got to know her better. Barb’s then husband own an ESSO service station. One summer he asked me if I’d to work there. Being an “expert” gas pumper. You might remember that I had worked at a marina in Baysville the year before. Since my mom is living at the cottage during the summer, Barb suggested that I live with them. There home was quite close to the station, especially if I walked through the area’s cemetery! You might think it strange, but I enjoyed its peacefulness. This was especially true when I walked through early in the morning, when there was dew in the air. 

 (Our Home - to be continued!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)