Appleby College

Life Goes On… (continued)

NOTE: It’s been a long time since I attended Appleby (1959), my memory might be a little hazy. If you see something lacking, or something incorrect, feel free to let me know where I went wrong.

School Sports

Frankly, I wasn’t very good at sports! At least, the type that had at Appleby at that time (I believe that that has now changed). All students were required to be on a school sports team. The following are some examples of my sporting activities

Other Sports - Dancing (continued)

On the day of the dance, my father drove me to the neighbour’s home (not very far, but I was very nervous (my first “real” date!). Cheryl was a very pretty girl and was dressed beautifully. I was all “dolled” up in my best Appleby suit.  

When I meet her at her door, I handed her a corsage that my mother had picked out for the occasion. My hands were shaking with excitement! On the drive to Appleby, Cheryl sat on one side the backseat and I was on the other side (far away from her). Our fathers, up front, thought that they were very smart, matching Cheryl and me together. You might imagine that the “dance” didn’t go too well! I think that we were both shy and embarrassed. Neither of us had learned social graces. I had been taught how to dance, foxtrot, rumba, and waltzing, but not how to interact with the opposite sex. Our ride home was VERY quiet. Unfortunately. “romance” was not into air. I never went out with poor Cheryl again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)

Appleby College