Summer Memories ~ Matabanick Inn

Although Southampton was my first summer memory, it really didn’t leave much of an impression. The only real memory of Southampton came later, when my parents drove to Southampton, with me “in tow”, to revisit their old family cottage. My only memory of that trip, I was about 7, was seeing an old “Gramophone” record player. Any other “memories” were those of my 3 siblings and, as I have mentioned before, I’m not sure of their truthfulness or their accuracy.

My first “real” summer memories were of the Matabanick Inn (now known as Matabanick Cottages). The Inn is located between Minden and Dorset and is on the shores of Little Boshkung Lake. We summered there for approximately 7 – 8 years. This when and where summer started to mean something to me.

To give you an idea of my full impressions of my summer life, I’m going to break up my “Summer Memories ~ Matabanick Inn” story into a number of segments. Afterall, the story happened over a long period of time, and we stayed at the Inn for most for the summer. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)