The Lake - Swimming

 

The Matabanick Inn is located on Little Boshkung Lake. This is where my second swimming trauma took place. The first, you might recall, took place in Southampton when my two older siblings (as rumoured) tried to push me off the Southampton peer in my carriage. Fortunately (as rumoured), a kind older lady prevented this from happening (as rumoured)! This time they weren’t involved, good for them!

I was about 4 or 5 when this almost tragedy took place. I was playing a shallow pool of water near my parents. Some how, I slipped under the water and was almost drowning. One of my parents’ friends caught site of my predicament and ran to the water and pulled me to safety.

After that “near death” (exaggeration) experience, I was quickly given swimming lesson, and was watched more closely.

Over the years at the “Mat”, I became a very good swimmer. Swimming was a very important part of the summer activities, so becoming a good swimmer was paramount.

Little Boshkung Lake was the “star” to my childhood – swimming, boating, fishing and almost waterskiing. One of the best activities, was swimming to the Inn’s raft, climbing on to it and then diving off and swim back to the shore. This may seem like not much fun, but the swimming, climbing and diving was all part of fun races to see who was the best swimmer. Honestly, I did pretty well, and eventually I became one of the best competitors! (at least in my mind).

More about lake activities as we go on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)

Appleby College