The Cottage Search

 As I mentioned in my Sherwood Forest Camp article, my parents had other plans. I didn’t know at that time, while I was “camping”, they were looking for a cottage to buy. You might remember from a previous article that we had built a “prefab” cottage on Matabanick land. I think that owning a cottage on their own land was something they dreamed of. It’s not that they hated the “Mat” and the Arches. In fact, they were close friends. They just wanted their own property and they wanted it to be close to the Matabanick Inn. The Archer’s actually helped my parents with their search. They suggested a new Haliburton cottage development on Kennisis Lake. They eventually found a cottage that they liked and were going to put an offer on it. To solidify their choice, they took a trip to the cottage lot. Along the way my mother spotted a “BEAR”! The was the “END” of their Haliburton/Kennisis dream. My mother didn’t want to “scar” bears with a “pot” like their friend with the cottage in Algonquin Park!

They still wanted their own cottage, but not in the Haliburton “untamed forest”. They want something more civilized! Enter the “Wilsons, Baysville and the White Burn cottages”

Stay tuned for the “rest” of The Cottage Search story, Lake of Bays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)