Summer Memories ~ Lake of Bays

The Wilsons (Part One)

My parents search for a cottage began in Haliburton with the Archers, but ended in Muskoka with the Wilsons!

You may recall that the Haliburton search ended with a BEAR, while the Muskoka search began with a “cold-water enema”. That is for me, at least!

The Wilsons were very good friends of my mom and dad. They lived in Toronto, but had a cottage on the outskirts of a little village called Baysville. The Wilsons invited my mom and dad (and me) to their cottage. They knew that my parents were interested in buying their own cottage and thought that they might like the Baysville area.

With that in mind, they organized a tour of the area and introduced them to a Real Estate agent. They loved the area. My mother thought that the area was more to her ” liking”. No BEARS in sight!  While they were looking over the area, they discovered the “White Birch Cottages”. I think that my mom convinced my dad to rent one of the cottages so that they could search for a cottage more easily. A cottage was rented and our life in the Muskoka region began. I’m not sure how long we rented the cottage, perhaps two weeks to a month. Anyway, the search for a Muskoka cottage began in earnest.

At this point, my parents were introduced to Mrs. Haynes. Mrs. Haynes was an enterprising woman who owned a lot of cottages in the surrounding area. My parents investigated them all and found one that they really liked. A purchase was made.

(To be continued)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)