Summer Memories ~ Lake of Bays

Boating (Part Three)

One day, we drove to the local marina. On one of their docks was a new gleaming Outboard MarineTri hull” boat, with a 75 hp Evinrude outboard motor! Amazing! My dad told me that it was ours! I couldn’t wait to get it back to our cottage to test it out. That didn’t happen as soon as I wanted, but when it did, I was in boating “heaven” I was sure that it was the “best” boat in the world! It wasn’t as beautiful or as classic as our wooden Shepherd, but boy could it “fly”! And, as a “tri hull”, it could turn on a ”dime and not tip over! My boating passion was back! I can’t tell you how many hours of boating pleasure (and waterskiing) I enjoyed, but they went by too quickly!

Since I was the “baby” of the family, my youngest sibling was 7 years older than me, I was at the cottage most of the time. Both my sister, Barb, and my brother, Chuck, worked at our dad’s insurance agency, so they were away during the week, as was my dad. My sister, Marion, had moved away to Chapleau Ontario with her husband. As a result, it was just my mother and me at the cottage during the week to fend for ourselves. My mother loved to read and craft, so she was set for the day. Since I loved to boat and swim… get the picture? Wonderful, simple summers until a grew up!

For me, the term “water baby” could certainly apply!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)