Summer Memories ~ Lake of Bays

The Marinas (Part Two)


 My few years working at the marina were great and set me up for a lifetime of work. However, good things sometime come to an end. That’s what happened to my relationship with Cal Martin and the Kelmar Marina. Although my experienced with the marina were positive, my fathers were not. I believe that Cal started to take advantage of my father and his business. The interaction between then both became strained. At the end of one of the seasons, my dad decided he had had enough and moved his business and boat to the other marina, the Baysville Marina, owned by Gordon McCormack (he also owned the Baysville General Store). I don’t think that this new relationship was quite as warm as the one with Cal, but, as they say, business is business.

Fortunately, my work relations were over with the marina and I went on the bigger and better (?) things. I became a “gas jockey” and worked for my brother-in-law at his ESSO Service Station in Toronto. More about this experience later. I felt sorry for Cal, but my father didn’t like being taken advantage of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)