Summer Memories ~ Lake of Bays

Cottage - Guests (Part Two)
Another time my best friend, Richard, was invited to the cottage to be with me. My parents had invited one of their friends (Mr. and Mrs. Watson) also for the weekend. Rich and I had a wonderful time swimming and playing around. In the afternoon, a little before supper, we both fell sleep. My dad and his friend decided the play a joke on Rich and me. My mother and her friend went along with the joke. They came into the room where we were sleeping and asked us why we had missed dinner and slept though the night. They actually had us believing that we had missed dinner and had slept through the night! Eventually, my mother broke the news that we had been tricked!

Over time, I had other friends visit the cottage, none them were tricked the way Rich and I had!

The adults had one “kid win”, but I had their “adult money”!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)