Summer Memories ~ Lake of Bays

Boating (Part one)

As I have mentioned before, I love boating. Exploring the “nocks and crannies” of a lake, any lake. So, Lake of Bays was the perfect “vessel” for further explorations! I believe that the Lake of Bays has the most shoreline of any of the Muskoka lakes. The lake runs all the way from Baysville in the west to Dorset in the east. The lake has so many little bays, it would take a life-time to explore them all! While I was boating there, I tried to explore as many as I could.

One of the most interesting attractions of the Lake of Bays was (is) Bigwin Inn located on Bigwin Island. I passed it many times on my water excursions, and even visited it a few times. The main attraction for me and my family (father and brother) was the islands golf course. It wasn’t a bad little course and we had fun playing on it. On occasion, we would play with one of dad’s friends. Of course, the main benefit, other than family time, was the beauty of the island.

 (To be continued in Part Two)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)