Thorncrest Village ~ The Early Days

The Village (Part Two)
 I believe that the first facility to be built was the Village Club House. It was located in the middle of the village on the village park. This is where the Board of Directors met and, where a small staff ran the village’s administration. Over time, other amenities were added, a community swimming pool (this is where I really learned to swim), tennis courts and a play area for village children. There were two roads that “ringed” the park and the Club House. Our home was located at the east end of the park. It was my friends and my safe “play ground” for many years.

This was a fun community where neighbours talked to one another, and did things together. I’ll talk more about that a little later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)