Thorncrest Village ~ The Early Days

Early Days – Friends

 Thorncrest Village was a paradise for families and their kids. As I said, the village park was a great, safe place for us the play, especially once the swimming pool was built. My first friend, and I mean my first friend, was Richard Lambert. He lived a few houses away from ours. We were the same age and liked to do the same things. Over time, we both met other village kids. There was Gordon “Dido” Foss (his father was the developer and concept creator of the Village), Mike Cox (who I, and another village friend, rented an apartment, after we had left highschool), Terry Jones (who had a heart condition and passed away too far too early), Joannie Graham (I’ll tell you a fun story about her a little late), John Flegg, who lived on the hill above our home. There were others, whose names I can’t recall.  

The village was such a great place for us all to play together and to go to school together. These friendships lasted, for me, until I was about 10 years old. That’s when I was sent off to a boarding school in Oakville. I’ll tell you more about that experience later. Back to the friendships. As I said, the friendships faded after I went to Oakville. They all faded, except for my friendship with Richard, which lasted for many years, highschool (yes, I left boarding school to attend a school with GIRLS!), work, marriage and children. That all comes later. However, this sets me up for a few fun anecdotes about early these times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)