Thorncrest Village ~ The Early Days

 

Life in the Village – Construction and More…

As I have said, the village was new and under construction when we moved there. One of the first “infrastructure” priorities was building the Club House and Administrative building and the community pool. Back then the village had 2 main restrictions, no fences, and no private pools. The construction was a village affair. Even my brother, Chuck, got into the action. He was young and strong and volunteered to help build the facility. I’m not sure if he volunteered or got paid. No matter, he was still part of the original building crew. For families, the facilities were great! For me, the swimming pool was the best. This is the place that I really learned to swim and dive. As I mentioned previously, I became a strong swimmer. This was mainly because of the Thorncrest pool. The village always held plenty of exciting swimming activities. Throughout the time that we lived there, the village held yearly swim meets. Like most of the neighbourhood kids, I looked forward to these events and quite often was able to win for my age group.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)