Thorncrest Village ~ The Early Days

Life in the Village – More Events

With the Club House, swimming pool and central park completed, more and more different activities took place. This community complex was the centre of village life. All kinds of events and activities were run throughout the year.

Poker Club – Not for me, but for my father. Although, as I told you earlier, I was “quite” the poker player! No, my dad loved to play poker with his friends, thus, the Poker Club. Arousing poker games took place during the winter month at the Thorncrest Village Club House. The poker “gang” became such close friends, that they memorialized their club and their time together by producing a set of glasses. Each glass had the signatures of all the players. When my dad passed away, I inherited the glasses and kept them safe until a gave them to my daughter. I’m not sure if she still has them. I am not sure how well my dad fared (won), but I know he really enjoyed the club, the games, and the club members.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)