Thorncrest Village ~ The Early Days

Life in the Village – More Events (Continued)

Neighbourhood Parties – As I mentioned earlier, Thorncrest Village was very social. Not just the kids, there were lots a birthday parties, but for the adults. We weren’t invited to these parties, so what I am about to tell you from hearsay, but I believe it to be true (sort of). One such party took place at a nearby neighbour’s home. The owner, Harry, was quite the character! He was an interior decorator with a quirky sense of humor. His guest bathroom walls were wallpapered with eyes that “followed” you! I am not sure what affect these “wandering” eye had on bathroom users, but I am sure the word “uncomfortable” might describe it, especially after a “few” sips of wine! Yes, there was a lot of liquor consumed, but that was okay because no driving was involved. Everyone attending live within walking distance, so driving was not necessary. Speaking of walking, Harry was very “hospitable”, so when my mom and dad decided to leave the party (they were the last to leave), Harry insisted that he walk them home. Our home was only a few houses away (less then a “sober” 5-minute walk). Apparently, they arrived home in one piece and, with my mother safe inside, my father, who was also very “hospitable” insisted that he walk Harry home. Once there, Harry, in turn, insisted that he walk my Dad home. I don’t know how many return trips happened, (remember, this is only “hearsay”) but both exhausted and slept very soundly throughout the next day!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)