Thorncrest Village ~ The Early Days

Life in the Village – Our Home (Part Two)

One year my parents visited New York City. While they were there, bought me a “Hopalong Cassidy” outfit, complete with badge, hat, vest, and “cap” gun. There might have been more, but I can’t remember for sure. I would spend hours on my “horse”, riding the “range”!  The “reins” to control my “horse” was one of my dad’s old ties (I think it was an old one!). Fun times!

Another memory of my time, not so much fun, in the Family Room, happened one Easter. I was playing in the room, likely on my “horse”, when I heard movement outside the room. There was a door leading from the dining room into the family room. The door was closed, but it had a window in it. I moved my “horse” closer to the window, climbed onto my “horse” and “peeked” out the window. There was the “Easter Bunny” (my mother) hiding the Easter Eggs! I was devastated! This is when my beliefs in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus were shattered! I guess, at the time, all my illusions were crushed!

I have a lot of fond memories of our home in Thorncrest Village, but I’ll just give you a few. If you want more, you’ll have to give me a call. Don’t call me collect!

(Our Home - to be continued!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)