Thorncrest Village ~ The Early Days

Life in the Village – Our Home (Part Five)

Sister Marion…

MarionMeem” is my older sister, 12 years older, so I didn’t see her much in the beginning. By the time I was old enough to appreciate her, she was off to nursing school. After that she moved to Los Angels and became a nurse at one of the hospitals there. One of her nursing adventures there involved the famous “Rat Pack”. She was on duty when Judy Garland was having one of her children (not Lisa). One event a bunch of the “Rat Pack” came to visit Judy. I think Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. were among those who came. To soften up the nursing staff, they brought a large pizza and they had all signed the box! I’m not sure what happened to the box, but I wish I had it today! Later Meem got married and eventually moved to Chapleau Ontario (way, way up north). Unfortunately, I really didn’t get to really know Marion until our mother was very ill and then passed away. Marion was living in Charlottesville Virginia at the time and came up to Toronto to be with the family. While she was here, she lived with us for 4 months. As I said, this is when Marion and I became close. Eventually she went back home to Virginia. We stayed in touch, but it wasn’t the same.

 (Our Home - to be continued!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)