Thorncrest Village ~ The Early Days

Life in the Village – Our Home (Part Nine)

Christmas – Toys

Christmas at our home in Thorncrest was always special. My grandfather there, and all my sisters and brother. There were Christmas gifts galore. I have two “present” memories of one Christmas. One very pleasant, and one not so pleasant!

The “pleasant” one involved a “perpetual” train (or streetcar). You would set the train in motion and it would go “back and forth”, and “up and down” on its tracks. I would watch and play with it for hours. The not so “pleasant” Christmas present from my parents, was a mechanical car that needed to be assembled. Apparently, not by me. After my first happiness at receiving the gift, my delight changed to “sadness”. My older brother and my father took over the fun of building MY car, and then playing with it! I think that they thought it was their toy! I did, eventually, get to play it. That was when they had lost interest in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)