Thorncrest Village ~ The Early Days

Life in the Village – More Events (Continued)

Club House Parties – Beside neighbourhood parties, there were Club House parties. These were normally adult oriented, but Christmas get togethers were for everyone. At the Christmas parties, drinks and goodies were served and the winners of the decorating contests were announced. (more about the contests a little later). Singing Christmas carols were a big part of the fun. Unfortunately, for me, one year my father mentioned that I was a soloist (more later) in the school choir and suggested that I lead some of the carols. To say the least, I was very embarrassed, but sang anyway. I didn’t my parents to be let down, such is life as a kid!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)