Thorncrest Village ~ The Early Days

Life in the Village – Our Home (Part One)

When we moved to the Village, homes there were very modern for a era. Our home had radiant floor heating, a furnace and laundry room, and an attached garage. It was the type of home used would see on a TV commercial, that is, if you had a television, “black and white” with “rabbit ears”! The house, however, was quite small for a family of six, so my parents decided to build an addition. They had two built, a family room and a “screened inFlorida room. The rooms were an amazing change, they allowed family (me) to have more fun places to play! The “family room” had awesome memories for me. The room had a TV and a “horse”! Well, not a real horse, but a “pretend” horse, a piano stool that substituted as a horse, my horse! Back then, cowboy movies and TV shows were the rage, Hopalong Cassidy, the Lone Ranger and more. The stool was my “horse” and I rode along with “Hoppi”, as we chased the “bad” guys.

 (Continued in Part Two)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)