Appleby College

Getting Started! (Continued)

For learning, it was much like what I was used to, similar type classrooms. We moved from subject to subject, and teacher to teacher. The difference for me, was the tutoring in the evening. I eventually learned to read. So much so, that when I was a little older and had moved to Powell’s House (not in a dormitory, but a two-person room), started to read after lights out. I accomplished this by sliding under my covers and turning on my “prized” flashlight. My choice of books back then were adventure stories! My favourite books were by C.S. Forrester and his “Hornblower” series. I still like to re-read all his books. My love of books, from that time forward has never left me! And, hopefully, as you can see by my “memoirs”, I love to write too. (More later)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)