Appleby College

Life Goes On...
 
NOTE: It’s been a long time since I attended Appleby (1959), my memory might be a little hazy. If you see something lacking, or something incorrect, feel free to let me know where I went wrong.

As I adjusted to life at Appleby, I learned the Appleby routine, breakfast in the dining room, prayers in the chapel, learning in the classroom, exercise in the gym, friendships developed, evening prayers and, of course, homework in our rooms.

Eventually, it all came together.

Classroom learning: full days, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays

Classroom learning: half days, Wednesdays, and Saturdays

On half days, we would play organized sports, football in the fall; hockey in the winter, and we played other sports, cricket, and soccer, depending on our age

Sundays were normally for family visits, either at the school or at home. Sometimes our families weren’t available to come, so Sunday was a free day

(To be continued)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)