Appleby College

Life Goes On… (continued)

NOTE: It’s been a long time since I attended Appleby (1959), my memory might be a little hazy. If you see something lacking, or something incorrect, feel free to let me know where I went wrong.

 Soccer

At this point in my life, I was quite clumsy. It turned out that soccer was not my game! Again, like hockey, I was relegated to being the “goalie”. Likely not a “great” choice for the team! It was, at best, healthy exercise, and I did enjoy the fresh air. So much for my soccer experience!


Football

Football can be a dangerous sport. At least, it was for me! I wasn’t the “quarterback”, or the “running back”. I was, as you might expect, the “centre”! The problem was, I was a “chicken”. I hated being “crushed” by the opposite team. I tended to get nervous just before the “snap”. This was especially true if one of the opposite players was the “TRUCK DRIVER”, Don Wilson! To say that he was big and strong, would be an understatement. I wasn’t the only one who was nervous when he was playing. He can by his nick name honest. He was not only big and strong, but his father owned Wilson Transport. If Don hit you, it was like being hit by a (you guessed it!) a Mack TRUCK! Honestly, football wasn’t my game.

(to be continued)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)