Appleby College

In the Beginning

My first days at Appleby College were not happy ones!

After the first week I wrote my parents, asking that they “come and get me!” I wanted to go home. The next weekend my parents came to visit me, thinking that sending me there was a big mistake, and were going to have to take me home. When they arrived at the school, they couldn’t find me. I was out playing with my new friends! When they eventually found me, I asked why they were there. Frustrated, they just said that they were there to “visit” me. So much for Not wanting to be at Appleby!  It wasn’t until 5 years later that I wanted to stay home. It wasn’t that I didn’t like Appleby, but I had just discovered GIRLS, and I wanted to explore my opportunities at a public school! Enter Richview Collegiate Institute (RCI) and a girl named “Shirley”!

That, however, is another memory to be “penned” later. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)