Appleby College

Memories of Appleby (continued)

Murray, because he and his family lived quite close to where I lived. As a result, we often car pooled on Sundays. We also played through holidays. I remember one Halloween we went “trick or treating” in his area. Frankly, it didn’t go that well! We ended up having neighbours and police looking for us. We, of course, we innocent of any mayhem, but our outing didn’t last as long as e had planned! Boys will be boys!

Aubrey’s family lived close to the school. They had a large property and I remember one Sunday when my parents were away, Aubrey invited me to spend the afternoon (lunch) with his family. We had lunch, and then Aub introduced me to a different attraction, small electric cars (no Tesla’s back then!). I had never experienced driving on my own, but my mother had let me sit on her knee and steer her car. This experience was very different, driving on my own, driving a CAR! There were “roads” on Aubrey’s property, so we could “drive” a fair distance, at least in my “young” mind. What a thrill!


"Can you pick out Murray, Aubrey and yours truly in this photo?"

I attended Appleby College for 5 years, of course, I have many fond memories of friends (group) and our activities, too many to recount in these memoirs. The two memories mentioned above, still stand out, even after all these years.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)