Appleby College

Memories of Appleby (continued)

Chocolate

Like most people, I am fond of chocolate. Okay, I really enjoy a chocolate treat, at least I did until my Appleby roommate (I think his name was Mike Ford… (sorry, this happened a long time ago, so my memory is a little foggy!) offered a piece of chocolate that he had brought from home. By the way, his home was in Brazil. That should have been my first clue. Anyway, he offered me the chocolate and I accepted. It was night, and the room was dark. I started to eat the chocolate, it tasted great, but it was a bit crunchy. I asked “Mike” what kind of chocolate he had given me. He said that it was a specialty in Brazil, and that the “crunch” were “ANTS”! I was stunned! It wasn’t that the chocolate tasted bad, it was just the thought of ANTS. I gaged and tried to spit it out. That was the last time I accepted chocolate in the dark and ate it. For Mike it was just natural, something he was use to eating. I am sure he thought that I would like it too.

(to be continued)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)