Appleby College

Memories of Appleby (continued)

Music

I love music of all types. In one of my last years at Appleby, I had two musical instruments, a radio, and a portable record player. Each morning, when I woke up, I’d listen to the morning man at CHUM 1050 radio, Al Boliska. Al was funny, interesting, and played the music I and many others liked! The second musical, the portable record player, I played at night. Back then, I was able to join the Columbia Record Club. They would send me a different LP record each month. Artists included Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Ricky Nelson, Roy Hamilton and more. It was a great time for music. I wish that I had keep the albums!

(to be continued)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)