Appleby College

Life Goes On… (continued)

NOTE: It’s been a long time since I attended Appleby (1959), my memory might be a little hazy. If you see something lacking, or something incorrect, feel free to let me know where I went wrong.

 Other Sports (continued)

Now, we come to the “sport” of “dancing”. Each year Appleby held a “Gala Ball”. Girls from other private schools were “bused” in. To prepare for the “ball”, we gentlemen, had to learn the “sport” of “ballroom dancing"! After all. we had to look good and properly represent our Appleby. They were “Galas” to remember! Our first “real” encounter with the “opposite” sex! In addition to “busing in” girls, we could invite our own dates. This is when, one year, and I think that it was my last year at Appleby, that my father and a neighbourhood friend decided that I should take the neighbour’s daughter to the “Gala”. Poor “Cheryl” (that was the daughters name) was “encouraged” (by her father) in to be my “date”!


(to be continued)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)