Appleby College

Memories of Appleby (continued)

 Free Time

Even though I was a border at Appleby, most of my time was taken up by school work and activities - classes, sports, chapel, meals, and homework. We did, however, have some free time. I have already told you about Daylight Savings Time and the Appleby woods. Weekdays and Saturday were all about the school, but, Sundays, after church, we were our own. Most Sundays were spent with my parents, but when they didn’t come, I had most of the day, free. Frankly, I was bored most of the time.

 However, I can remember one time, I think that it was in my first or second year at Appleby, that my parents were away on holidays and I had a free Sunday. It was winter and there was lots of snow on the ground. I decided to go tobogganing. There was a short hill off on the parking lots. At the bottom of the hill there a bump, or a snow jump, that you could go over. I decided to try it. I started off going as normal, going down the slope towards the jump. As I went down, I had my tongue sticking out. You, guessed it! When I went over the jump, into the air, my tongue was still out, but my mouth closed! A teacher drove me to the Oakville Hospital where I received two stitches in my tongue For the next few days all I could eat was soup! All the kids asked me to stick out my tongue, so that they could see the stitches…. KIDS!

(Free Time... to be continued)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)