Appleby College

Memories of Appleby (continued)

Free Time (continued)

Another free time, well, I’m not sure that it was really free, was when I was feeling sick and sent to the school’s infirmary. Staying there was boring, but it did give me a chance to catch up on my reading!

I think, that my most happy memory of free time, other than Daylight Savings Time in the Appleby woods, was during the NHL hockey season. After dinner we were allowed to watch hockey games on the TV in the Powell’s House common room. My favourite was Hockey Night in Canada on the Maple Leafs. Back then there were only 6 teams, two of which were Canadian teams, the Leafs, and the Montreal Canadiens. The games were very exciting, and because there were only a few teams. We all knew the players’ names and could shout out the names of the players we like, or disliked! The best games were the Maple Leafs against the Canadiens!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)