Appleby College

My Last Year at Appleby College

I am not really sure why I decided to leave Appleby College after 5 years there. My parents wanted me to stay, but gave into my desires to leave Appleby and go to a public highschool. I had reconnected with my Thorncrest Village friends, especially Richard Lambert, and all my friends were attending the newly opened Richview Collegiate Institute (RCI). AND, then there were the GIRLS! Appleby College, back then, was an all-boys school. As you can imagine, I was very inexperienced when it came to girls, but I was determined to find out more. I did, but that’s a story for future “memories”.

At the end of my last year at Appleby, grade 9, I said my goodbyes and “I’ll see you later”. I did see Murray Cole on a few occasions, but not the others, that is until 50 years later at the Appleby College 50-year reunion. We were all a lot older, but the memory of those log ago days were still “FRESH”!

Now, off to RCI and GIRLS!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)