Richview Collegiate Institute (RCI)

My Driver’s License

 At the end of 1960, I turned 16. It was the age I had been waiting for all my life! I had become a MAN! And, I was eligible to get my driver’s license, and I did! As soon as I turned 16, I got my “beginner’s” (60 day) license. Neither my mom or dad wanted the task of teaching me how to drive. They already gone through that “fun” with my brother and 2 sisters! Also, my father was an insurance agent and knew if he taught me, there would be no car insurance discount. My father was practical and thrifty! That’s when I was introduced to Hugh Ham, the driving instructor. Dad liked Hugh and knew, that if I got my driver’s license through Hugh, that I (he) would get a car insurance discount. He knew that I was determined to drive one of our cars. I don’t think that either of my parents wanted to drive “little” Gary all around town, mission accomplished. I passed my driver’s test and received my permanent driver’s license. I was ready for the ROAD!

(To be continued)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)