Richview Collegiate Institute (RCI)

 

My “Eaton’s Scooter!

I can’t remember how or when I decided to buy a motor scooter, but I did buy one!  The T. Eaton Company were offering them in their mail-order catalogue. (Amazon didn’t exist) I was sold that I needed one. It was going to be my “freedom” on the road! Even though I was only 16 at the time (they were more lenient back then), I had my driver’s license plus, I had a job. A part-time one, but a job none the less, and, I had CREDIT! Actually, Eaton’s gave me an Eaton’s credit card, and that’s how I bought the new scooter. Now I was going to be able to fulfill all my dreams and ambitions!

During high school, I had a number of part-time jobs. The first two, as I mentioned before, were “gassing” jobs, Kelmar Marina in Baysville and my brother-n-law’s ESSO station in Toronto. When my job at the ESSO station stopped, that’s when my “ambition” kicked in, and when I decided I needed a “T. Eaton Company mail-order catalogue scooter’!


I think that this is what my scooter looked like. I know that it was able to hold two people (more about that later), and this is the right year, 1961.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)