Richview Collegiate Institute (RCI)

 

Ambition Number One – New Part-time Jobs (continued)

Accounting

So, I left the world of “fashion” and “selling” and entered the world of “bean counting”! Yes, you heard me, I started working for an accounting firm, another of my father’s customers and his company's  Chartered Accounting firm. They needed a “grunt”, and I guess I “fit” the bill. In school, I wasn’t too great with figure (the math kind!), so working for an accounting firm seemed like an odd fit. Actually, I loved working there. The owner, Mr. Sprackman, had two students working for him, Larry Sprackman (his nephew), and Norm Eckler (not related). Both were great to work with. Larry was older than Norm, but not as accomplished in accounting. It took Larry several tries for his CA accreditation. He stayed with his uncle’s firm after graduation. Norm, however, received his accreditation on schedule. He eventually left the firm, and became the CFO for the sports equipment manufacturer, CCM.

(to be continued)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)