Richview Collegiate Institute (RCI)

Ambition Number One – New Part-time Jobs (continued)

 Hot Dogs and Souvenir Hats

While I was working my part-time job, I got an additional part-time job. This time, I was back in the “selling” game! Not clothing, sort of, I was selling “souvenir hats” and “hot hogs”! Quite the combination, you might think, but I was not selling them at the same time. It’s really not that complicated. The man I worked for (yes, another of my dad’s customers and friends) had a contract with Exhibition Place for most of the year-round food concessions, especially in Exhibition Stadium. All of the food sold during the Argo games were his. That’s how I got to sell “hot dogs” at Argo games. I even worked one of the Grey Cup games. Frankly, I wasn’t too good sell in the dogs, Probably because I didn't know how to count the change and, more likely, because I was more interested in watching the games . I did get to learn the “chatter”; “Hot dogs here, red hots, who wants one, say how many”. Like I said, I wasn’t too good at selling hot dogs, but I sure, had a lot of fun! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)