Richview Collegiate Institute (RCI)

Ambition Number One – New Part-time Jobs

Hot Dogs and Souvenir Hats (continued)

 My dad’s friend also had other Ex concessions. These were during the CNE. He had two game concessions, “You ring one, you win one!” 

and 2 “souvenir” hat stands. That’s where I worked, at one of the hat stands. My fellow worker and I would stand just outstand of the booth and yell out, “Souvenir hats for sale, who wants one, one for little Willy, who wants, you get your name on free!” Over the two years I worked there, we sold hundreds of hats, I not sure who many hats we sold, or if we ever sold “Little Willy” a hat, but again, I was a great fun experience! We actually did put names on each hat. All it took was “Elmer’s Glue” and “Glitter”. One of the perks of working at the hat stand was that I got into the Ex for free, plus, I was able to get a free lunch and dinner at the Food Building. Back then a lot of the food was given out as a free sample. If not free, there were sold at very cheap prices.


My part-time jobs lasted throughout my high school years. Actually, my last part-time job was for a man I really knew, my dad! This part-time job eventually “morphed’ into my full-time job. More about that, later!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)