Richview Collegiate Institute (RCI)

School Bits…

Glasses and Kathy…

I think that it was in Miss Hosford’s class that I discovered that I was “near” blind. I was sitting beside this really pretty blonde girl, Kathy, and I was “squinting" at the blackboard, trying to see what was on it. I thought that everyone had trouble reading the board. Kathy saw that I was having challenges and offered to lend me her glasses. Holy smokes, I could read everything on the board! What a revelation! I needed glasses! My parents arranged an eye teat for me, and the results were a new pair of glasses. Unfortunately, the new glasses didn’t help with my school work, but it did allow me to sit close to the prettiest girl in the class!

It's funny, I needed glasses (Near and far sighted) for many years. That is, until I turned about 55, then gradually everything became clearer. In fact, I didn’t need any gasses for distance or reading. This was about the time I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)