My "NEW" Life ~ Work!

Paul A. McWilliams & Son Limited (continued)

 Later, enter my brother, then my sister and then me! That made us 4th generation insurance nerds! My daughter, Ainsley, is an insurance broker and is 5th generation (go figure!). Will there be a 6th generation, who knows?!

Now back to the story. Sometime, after I ha joined the firm, my mother’s father’s, Joseph Lamb, (get that) health failed and his small agency started to suffer. That’s when my father purchased his father-in-law’s agency. After the purchase, I was assigned to manage my grandfathers’ clients. Enter Max Fruitman and his wife. They were a wonderful couple, very poor, and very unlucky. They had a fire in their home and they lost everything! Fortunately, before their fire, I had convinced them to increase their insurance coverage. This really helped when disaster struck. It also taught me a lesson in my young insurance life, “help people when you get a chance!”.


(to be continued)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)

Appleby College