Richview Collegiate Institute (RCI)

School Bits…

The Vice Principal (continued)

It went something like this -
Mr. Kearns: “You really don’t like school, do you?”
Me: “Yes sir, I do.”
Mr. Kearns: “No, you really don’t.”
Me: “Yes, I do!
Mr. Kearns: “No, you don’t!” he repeated, and then went on to say,” I think you should quite school and go and work at your father’s insurance agency.”
I thought about it for a moment, and said, “What about my education?
Kearns replied, “You’ll learn more working for your Dad and make more.”

That settled, the next day I had quite school and started working at Paul A. McWilliams & Son Limited. By the way, I was NOT the “SON”, that honor went to my older brother, “Chuck”, who had been working for and with my dad for about 10 years.

This was the start of my “next” new life!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Appleby College

Appleby College

Fun Times – Algonquin Provincial Park (Part One)